Matched Advising Program for Sophomores (MAPS) mentee application deadline
WHAT IS MAPS?
- A year-long (fall & spring) one-on-one peer mentoring program specifically for sophomores, with content related to making decisions you want or need to make in the sophomore year.
- Sophomore students are paired with junior/senior students who are concentrating within a division you may be concentrating in: Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Life Sciences, or Physical Sciences; pairs receive Dining Dollars for coffee/tea, and a prompt to help facilitate conversation.
- Optional group meetings facilitated by the CRC and MAPS mentors about: How to choose a concentration; how to navigate career exploration; how to find opportunities for self-directed research; and how to manage health and wellness.
- Online resources for mentees, including mentor reflections and worksheets from the group sessions.
Once assigned, mentees are expected to meet with their mentors at least once a semester to maintain a consistent advising presence.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Sophomores who are motivated to talk with a mentor who is motivated to meet with you (not flaking out on them).
- Sophomores who are unsure of how to go about making a concentration choice they feel good about, how to explore career pathways, and/or how to do self-directed research.
***THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IS THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2018 at 11:59 pm*** We will be able to match about 130 students; applications will be accepted and matches made on a first-come basis, and pending the availability of volunteer mentors.
—>>> Save the date: MAPS Welcome for mentees! Friday, October 12, 4:00-5:00 PM,...